SessionSave Pidgin plugin
Latest version: 2.6.5-1
This is a plugin for Pidgin, an open source cross-platform IM client.
SessionSave will remember what conversation windows you had open the last time you used Pidgin, and re-open them for you when you sign on. This is especially useful for those rare (ahem) times when Pidgin crashes.
- Sun Jan 31 2010: 2.6.5-1 - Windows version uploaded
I finally got around to updating the windows installer. If you were having problems installing before, hopefully the new version will work for you. There are no functional changes in this version.
- Tue Jul 7 2009: 2.5.8-1 - Compiles
No feature changes, but updated the code and Makefile to build with pidgin 2.5.8.
- Sat Feb 10 2007: 220.127.116.11 - Bug fixes
Conversations are now only restored once per account (previously, the session would restore on each signon). The text for a conversation restore is no longer logged.
- Fri Jan 5 2007: 18.104.22.168 - Now remembers messages
The content of the conversation is now saved as well. It's totally hacky, so there's probably some issues. If you find any problems, let me know.
- Fri Jan 5 2007: 22.214.171.124 - Now with prefs
I fixed up the loading code to use the Pidgin prefs system rather than saving to a text file. The changes should be invisible.
- Wed Jan 3 2007: 126.96.36.199 - It begins!
SessionSave is born, after a suggestion by Parisa.
- Windows self-extractor: sessionsave-2.6.5-1.exe
- Source code: sessionsave-2.6.5-1.tar.gz
- Linux .so file (Ubuntu 9.10): sessionsave.so - I make no guarantees this will work and not set your computer on fire, but if you don't feel like building pidgin from source, you can use this. Copy it to pidgin's plugin directory.
Install Instructions from SourceFollow these steps to install SessionSave from source. If you don't want to install from source, download and run the self-installer for your platform (Windows or Linux).
First, you'll need to have compiled Pidgin from the source. Also, make sure you have the latest version of Pidgin. Untar the package and cd to the directory it creates:
tar xzvf sessionsave-VERSION.tar.gz cd sessionsave-VERSIONEdit the Makefile and change the following line
GAIM_SRCDIR=/usr/src/pidgin-VERSION/To the path to your pidgin source directory (wherever you compiled pidgin). Run make:
makeSessionSave will compile and install to the Pidgin plugin directory. That's it!
- NSIS: very useful program to create self-installers for Windows.