Latest version: 1.1
BlingBlingYou've reached the home page of BlingBling. BlingBling is a game. Specifically, it is a clone of the puzzle game Puyo Puyo (which itself was a competitor of Tetris). It's bitchin'. Oh by the way, it works in Windows and Linux. It probably also works in most other UNIX flavors, but I've only tried compiling it on those 2 platforms. Seems I forgot to mention that.
News!As always, check the ChangeLog to see what's new.
- Sat Aug 29, 20003: BlingBling 1.1 has been released! It's sporting animations, connection highlighting, and a better UI.
- Wed Aug 13, 2003, Later that day...: We have icon. The Windows version is a little prettier now.
- Wed Aug 13, 2003: First release of BlingBling! Get it while supplies last!
Download itIt comes in 2 flavors: Windows, and source code. The Windows self-installers were made using NSIS, my favorite installer generator.
- Windows version: blingbling-1.1.exe. It requires a bunch of libraries, which you can conveniently download here (or you can let the installer download them for you). For some reason which I can't figure out, the Windows version is significantly slower than the Linux version. I'm blaming it on the GUI library I use, since when I remove the code to draw to the screen, much less CPU is wasted. If anyone has any clues, I'd love to hear from you.
- Source code: blingbling-1.1.tar.gz
Requirements:BlingBling requires the following libraries (Windows users need not worry, they are downloaded automatically):
- SDL 1.2: www.libsdl.org
- SDL_image 1.2: http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_image
- SDL_mixer 1.2: http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer
- SMPEG 0.4: http://www.lokigames.com/development/smpeg.php3
- ParaGUI 1.0.4: http://www.paragui.org/